Thursday, September 5, 2013

101 FITNESS & HEALTH TIPS, REMINDERS and MOTIVATIONS


101 FITNESS & HEALTH TIPS, REMINDERS and MOTIVATIONS
(Back by popular demand!)

These fitness tips were written during 2009 and 2010 while working as a personal trainer, gym owner, and as always, observing myself. I have always exercised, but find my modality changing from looking good to feeling good. Beginning to appreciate living in the moment, and exploring how my body is a vehicle in which to experience life. I hope you find something useful here, go forth and find joy, peace, simplicity, and wellness. –Randy

1. Why share this? I really care about your peace, presence, & joy. Fitness is a strategy that works for me. All that I share I have done or do. Notice I didn’t say this was about weight loss?

2. You can do any fad program or diet short-term. I say….. do something that is sustainable for a lifetime and brings you joy.

3. YOU live with your body. If you are not taking care of it, who will? Your body is the vehicle in which you experience life. What kind of vehicle do you want to drive?

4. Think image editing software and a lot of make-up isn’t used in glossy magazines? Think again. Never compare yourself to anything or anybody else, you never know the situation.

5. Muscles might mean much, maintaining maximum mindfulness might mean much more.

6. Folks, forget fighting fat! Focus fitness for feeling fantastic!

7. Smile.

8. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it fell apart fairly quickly.

9. Want cardio but need variety, and baby, it’s cold outside?! Spend 15 minutes each on 4 different machines: treadmill, elliptical, stair machine, bike,…..

10. Forget all the lose weight hype and changing you beer store to a six-pack. Develop fitness instead as a means to wholeness and personal peace.

11. Exercising when sick is counter-productive, recover and allow yourself to heal before you resume your activities.

12. Your bodyweight and a foam roller or medicine ball is very good for self-massage of sore, tight, & knotted muscles.

13. Goal Setting: Hard - "I will lose weight this year." Better - "I will adopt healthier habits this year".

14. When you go to the gym, leave your ego at the door.

15. Which is better? “I’ve been exercising, I can eat whatever I want.” OR, “I’ve been exercising, I need to eat the best nutrients and fuel I can.”

16. Something to ponder. Are you concerned with looking good, or feeling good? How will the answer impact your workout?

17. Just run. Can be done just about anywhere, anytime. No technology required.

18. FORM FORM FORM! Your body always wants to find the path of least resistance to make things easier. Always focus intently on precise and proper form to ensure the proper muscles are being worked. Also a great tool for living in the moment.

19. Remember recess from grade school? Treat your "workout" like recess.

20. K.I.S.S. Keep-It-Simple-Stupid; or silly, or Sally, or Sam, or sasquatch, or sweetness. 

To continue reading, (FREE) please visit: 101 Tips Free

or order the EBook ($5.00) at 101 Tips $5